This post has already been read 1034 times!
OK, you got “.img” virtual machine image. Now what?
Diving in VMWare, Oracle Virutal Machine, etc, etc, there is not a shadow of the option to choose “new virutal machine” from .img image.
What should I do?
1. Download Qemu (ported version for OSX) http://www.kju-app.org/
2. After installing it on Mac (works fine for me on Maverick),
3. Next, open up vmware to create a new virtual machine.
4. Choose continue without disk > choose an existing virtual disk
5. Follow the instruction to start up your new machine🙂
Thanks to http://www.igorkromin.net/?x=entry:entry130909-170324 for written up the solution for mac.