This post has already been read 656 times!
Re-install bootstrap code (GRUB)
Please perform the following steps:
- Boot from CentOS installation disc (for example, CD #1 or DVD).
For CentOS-4 or CentOS-5 type "linux rescue" at the "boot:" prompt. For CentOS-6 pick "Rescue installed system" from the boot menu.
- Mount all filesystems in read-write mode.
Change root to real root ('/') on your hard disk:
# chroot /mnt/sysimage
- Re-install bootstrap code (GRUB).
If you wish to re-install GRUB to the MBR on a SCSI or SATA disk (/dev/sda):
# grub-install /dev/sda
- If you will have the following message GRUB error: sda does not have any corresponding BIOS drive - then you must try with grub-install --recheck /dev/sda
- the system will probing devices in BIOS drivers. The contents of the devive map /boot/grub/device.map.
- after this remake #grub-install /dev/sda